Let’s Discuss About Strengths and Weaknesses
In majority of the job interviews, the participants are asked to talk about their weaknesses and strengths. So, it has become one of the main questions for which the candidates should prepare themselves for.
In this blog, we will tell you how can prepare yourself for such questions and answers in the most attractive manner. It is important for the candidates to consider how best to answer such questions when asked them.
So, let’s get started.
Before we start,
we must see what are the employers actually looking for when they ask the candidate to answer such questions. When it comes to the strengths, the employers mostly look for the skills such as communication skills, leadership skills, and the ability to work in a team.
On the other hand, when it comes to weaknesses ,The employers look for the skills such as hard skills which are defined by the job description and soft skills that include public speaking and so on.
Now, let us see what are the steps of the ways by which you can address your weaknesses and strengths when preparing for an interview.
Steps To Address Your Strengths And Weaknesses In An Interview:
Read through the blog to know in a professional and impressive way about the weaknesses and the strengths.
You can use the following description to frame an answer.
Make sure your strengths and weaknesses reflect the basic requirements of your role in the organization. Also, at the same time, you must ensure that you have to highlight all your skills that are mentioned in the description of the job.
Generally, if we see, your strengths should be the skills that can be supported through your professional experience. For instance, if you talk about the verbal communication as your strength, you may also want to recall a situation in which you used your verbal communication to reach a certain goal or solve any issue.
Similarly, your weaknesses can include some of the hard skills such as setting out in the job description, given that you mainly emphasise all your desires to gain the skills through a particular course or any educational program.
Whenever you are talking about the weaknesses, try that you do not reveal so much because you may end up losing the job opportunity for yourself. This is the last thing you would want for yourself.
At the same time, do not forget to realise the importance of being honest while mentioning your weaknesses. There are some traits that are not good or professional enough to be talked about. This can include the weaknesses such as poor attention to detail, tardiness, and the inability to meet certain deadlines.
About Strengths and Weaknesses . Let us understand it with more examples.
- You think that your leadership skills are your greatest strengths. During the last job time as a department head, you have successfully managed to merge two teams and have also organized certain training programs for all the team members. This has ensured that everyone was confident in their new role in the job and were performing well and getting right results.
- Thanks to your experience as an HR representative of the company. You have gained great communication skills both verbal and written. You were responsible for facilitating some informational/ educational workshops for your office staff members. Also, you mediated the small tiffs and conflicts in the workplace. You have also managed to complete a course on the subject of effective communication from the UCLA.
- You have more than 5 years of experience as a copywriter and content writer. You consider yourself to have strong writing skills as well as great verbal communicative skills. You promoted in six months itself to the position of an editor in the company. It has led you in improving your editing skills. This was all due to your new role.
- You are an honest person. When you feel that your workload is really big enough to take up any other task, or if you are unable to understand anything from the task given, you will always let your supervisor know about it.
- Your communication skills or people management skills are one of your greatest strengths. You find it really easy to connect with almost everyone and you often know how to empathize with the colleagues in an appropriate manner.
Now, let us see the examples of the weaknesses and how can you actually talk about that during the job interview.
- You find speaking in the public quite intimidating. You have always struggled by giving official presentations. In return, you are at present taking a public speaking course also so that you can overcome your public speaking phobia.
- You have more than often struggled with distributing tasks and also choosing to take on a larger workload to ensure that the work is completed in a perfect manner. This puts you in immense pressure, so you have been using certain software to assign the important tasks and know how they are performing. So far, this has helped you in trusting your co-workers and putting more focus on your own daily tasks is something you had struggle with especially when you are surrounded by a lot of people in a group.
- You will have to write or find it really intimidating to ask queries and raise some points . you have often stayed remained quiet whenever any group discussions have happened. You have been trying to be more vocal about some subjects in the groups that were smaller in size and you felt more confident about yourself.
- You have struggled with a lot of negative criticism at work. You also get obsessed with making your work as perfect as you possibly can just after receiving some notes from the supervisor. While you appreciate the guidance that you have received so far, you think you can learn to be less harsh on yourself.
Here are some of the best examples of weaknesses that you can talk about such as :-
- Lack of knowledge in some software of subject
- Speaking publicly
- Lacking experience
- Lacking the confidence.
Answer about your strengths and weaknesses in an interview is an important question. So, you must always answer it with utmost precision and perfectly. Make sure you keep the job description in your mind, also the skills that you have matched with your company.
Try your best to support your training experience as well because that is also the part of your strengths. At the same time, you can also talk about your good weaknesses that can be self-criticism, shyness, lacking knowledge